Experience high school in Germany, steeped in history and beautiful cities and countryside to explore. Grab a bratwurst with new friends, or practice your German skills at a Christmas market or local shop. Studying abroad gives you the chance to make friends and new family members from around the world and develop skills, experience, and maturity that equip you for success in an increasingly globalized world – all while you’re still in high school!
High School Program Details
- Placement in a German gymnasium for a semester or academic year
- Placement with a carefully-selected host family
- Students take a set of core classes with some sport offerings at school
- 2 years German language study required
- Extracurricular activities and clubs in the afternoons and Saturdays
- Health and accident insurance
- Round-trip airfare
- Application Deadline: March 15 (fall semester and year-long), September 15 (spring semester)
Germany At a Glance
- Germany is a republic that plays a key role in the European Union.
- People are generally warm and friendly, and enjoy socializing.
- Outdoor recreation, such as hiking, cycling, backpacking, and skiing are very popular in Germany.
- Germany is one of the world’s largest and most advanced producers of iron, steel, coal, machinery, cars, tools, and electronics.
- A typical German meal contains a lot of fresh bread, meat (very often pork), and potatoes.