Experience high school in Germany, steeped in history and beautiful cities and countryside to explore. Grab a bratwurst with new friends, or practice your German skills at a Christmas market or local shop. Experience the life of a local teenager by spending a semester or academic year living with a caring host family and attending a local high school. You’ll gain language fluency and you will make friends that will last a lifetime! Studying abroad in high school is a great way to stand out on your college and university applications as well. You’ll come back from your exchange more mature, fluent, and ready to take on the world. Apply now!
High School Program Details
- Placement in a German gymnasium for a semester or academic year
- Placement with a carefully-selected host family
- Students take a set of core classes with some sport offerings at school
- 2 years of German language study strongly preferred
- Comprehensive health and accident insurance included
- Round-trip airfare included
- Arrival orientation camp in Frankurt included
- Application Deadline: April 1 (fall semester and year-long), September 15 (spring semester)
Germany At a Glance
- Germany is a republic that plays a key role in the European Union.
- People are generally warm and friendly, and enjoy socializing.
- Outdoor recreation, such as hiking, cycling, backpacking, and skiing are very popular.
- Germany is one of the world’s largest and most advanced producers of iron, steel, coal, machinery, cars, tools, and electronics.
- A typical meal contains a lot of fresh bread, meat (very often pork), and potatoes.
- German is spoken all over the world. Consider Austria as another choice if you’re interested in improving your German!
- Learn more by visiting our Germany Country Profile!
- Visit our blog to read more about Aspect Foundation students in the US and abroad
- Read more great reviews, comments, and testimonials from former Aspect Foundation students and parents here!
Price includes transfer to your host family. Visa, residence permit, and passport costs are not included. Please note you may be required to appear in person at a consulate with jurisdiction over your state to obtain your visa if needed. Depending on where you live, this may require out-of-state travel.