Spend an academic year or semester in Belgium and improve your French, learn Dutch, or both! Select either the French or Dutch language option and enjoy Belgium’s world-renowned waffles and moules frites while exploring your host family’s community and making new friends. Studying abroad in high school is a great way to stand out on your college and university applications as well. You’ll come back from your exchange more mature, fluent, and ready to take on the world. Apply now!
High School Programs Details
- Placement in a Belgian high school for a semester or academic year
- Placement with a carefully-selected host family
- Students take a high school course load that may include subjects such as French or Dutch, physics, geography, biology, and more
- French option: 2 years French language study strongly recommended
- Dutch option: No previous language study required
- Comprehensive health and accident insurance included
- Round-trip airfare included
- Application Deadline: March 30 (fall semester and year-long), September 1 (spring semester deadline extended!)
Belgium At a Glance
- Nestled between the Netherlands, Germany, and France, Belgium has three official languages – French, German, and Dutch!
- From the bustling cosmopolitan Brussels to the rolling green hills of the countryside, Belgians are known for their hospitality and sense of humor.
- Belgium is world famous for its comic strips and graphic novels.
- The capital city, Brussels, is host to both NATO and the European Union, giving Belgium a unique place in the international spotlight. Future diplomats: Belgium is the perfect place for you!
- To learn more, visit our Belgium Country Profile!
- Read great reviews, comments, and testimonials from former Aspect Foundation students and parents here!
Visa, residence permit, and passport costs are not included. Please note you may be required to appear in person at the Belgian Consulate with jurisdiction over your state to obtain your visa. Depending on where you live, this may require out-of-state travel.