Experience the life of an French teenager a by spending a semester or academic year living with a caring host family and attending a local high school. You’ll be amazed by your language fluency skills by the end of your exchange, and you will make friends that will last a lifetime! Studying abroad in high school is a great way to stand out on your college and university applications as well. You’ll come back from your exchange more mature, fluent, and ready to take on the world. Apply now!
High School Program Details
- Placement in a French high school for a semester or academic year
- Placement with a carefully-selected host family
- Students take a high school course load that may include subjects such as philosophy, economics and logic
- 2 years French language study required
- Comprehensive health and accident insurance included
- Round-trip airfare included
- Arrival orientation camp in Paris included
- Optional excursions available
- Application Deadline: March 15 (fall semester and year-long), September 1st (spring semester)
France At a Glance:
- Students tend to have a very formal relationship with their teachers.
- France has left its mark on the diverse worlds of gastronomy, arts, politics, fashion, and science
- It is the number one tourist destination in the world!
- People enjoy playing and watching sports, socializing with friends, going to dance clubs, and seeing movies.
- French cuisine is world famous, and people enjoy a daily diet of rich cheeses, fresh fruit and freshly baked bread.
- French is spoken all over the world. Consider Belgium as another choice if you’re interested in improving your French!
- Learn more by visiting our France Country Profile!
- Visit our blog to read about some past students’ experiences:
- Anya from Colorado has the experience of a lifetime studying abroad in France
- Read more great reviews, comments, and testimonials from former Aspect Foundation students and parents here!
Price includes transfer to your host family. Visa, residence permit, and passport costs are not included. Please note you may be required to appear in person at the French Consulate with jurisdiction over your state to obtain your visa. Depending on where you live, this may require out-of-state travel.