Private high schools in the U.S. offer smaller class sizes and the opportunity to work with your teachers on a closer basis. As an Aspect Foundation student, you will get to meaningfully experience American culture while participating in your host community and achieving new academic goals. You will master a new language, adjust to new situations, and become strong, independent, and open-minded.
- Placement in an accredited American private high school for one semester or a full academic year
- Room and board with a carefully screened local host family or school dormitory
- Documentation for obtaining a visa
- Comprehensive pre-departure training and orientations throughout the year
- Greeting at the airport at your final destination by an Aspect representative
- 24/7 emergency support and a local Aspect coordinator who will be there to supervise you and answer your questions
Fees vary according to country-of-origin and length of program and do not include the cost of private school tuition. Please visit our How to Apply page to be put in touch with the Aspect office in your home country.
- Age requirement: 15-18.5 years old at the time of arrival in the USA
- Sound physical and mental health
- Current enrollment in a high school in your home country (or have completed no more than 11 years of secondary education in your home country)
- A minimum “C” grade point average in your current high school
- Qualifying score on an English assessment test provided by Aspect Foundation
- A sincere desire to become an active member of an American host family
- Curiosity and openness to other cultures, attitudes, and perspectives