Make the Mediterranean coast your classroom! During an Aspect Summer Language Program in Valencia, you will experience the vibrance and beauty of Spain, hone your Spanish language skills, and make friends from around the world. Head out on day trips, or stay and practice your lessons at a local market or museum. You will have a local coordinator and host family to answer questions along the way, and the support you need to make it a summer to remember! The program is offered from June 29th – August 21st (in varying 3-week sessions). Students should arrive on a Sunday and depart on a Saturday. Longer stays are possible — contact us for prices for extended programs!
Summer Program Details
- 3-week long summer language program in Valencia, Spain
- Room and board with a carefully-selected host family
- 20 Spanish lessons/week (beginner to advanced)
- 5 half-day activities/week (educational, cultural, and sports)
- 1 full-day excursion/week
- Open to students age 15-17
- Note: Round-trip airfare not included
- Application Deadline: Flexible
Valencia At a Glance
- Valencia is the third largest city in Spain, with a bustling Mediterranean port.
- Gorgeous collections of ancient monuments, museums, and churches make Valencia a popular tourist destination.
- People tend to be warm, outgoing and fun, giving hugs and kisses upon meeting a new person.
- Sense of time in Spain is quite different than in the U.S. Being late is acceptable, and meals, especially dinner take place much later (usually around 10:00 p.m.).
- Traditional Spanish dishes include paella, gazpacho, various seafoods and many forms of tapas, small dishes that are served as a snack with wine and beer.