Spend the summer learning Japanese in bustling Tokyo! Improve your language skills while exploring your host family’s community and making new friends. Become a global citizen, and develop skills, experience, and maturity that equip you for success in an increasingly globalized world – all while you’re still in high school!
Summer Program Details
- 3, 4, or 7 week-long summer language program in Tokyo, Japan
- Dates for 2019:
- 3 week program: August 3 – August 24
- 4 week program: July 6 – August 3
- 7 week program: July 6 – August 24
- Room and board with a carefully-selected host family
- Depending on program length, excursions offered to Mt. Fuji, Kyoto, Nikko, and more
- No previous Japanese study required
- Health and accident insurance
- Note: Round-trip airfare is not included
- Application Deadlines:
- 4 week and 7 week applications due April 1, 2019
- 3 week program applications due June 1, 2019
Tokyo At a Glance:
- Tokyo is one of the largest cities in the world and has a population of over 13 million.
- Japan is a leader in fashion, film, and animation – it is known for its Harajuku street fashion scene and anime.
- Sumo is Japan’s national sport, although baseball is also very popular.
- Japan is a world leader in robotics and technology.
- Food in Japan is known for being fresh, flavorful, and healthy. Try some sushi, onigiri, and maki!
|Summer: 3 weeks||$4,675|
|Summer: 4 weeks||$4,800|
|Summer: 7 weeks||$6,975|