Austria is a land of breathtaking mountain landscapes, picturesque towns, and hospitable people. Why not study abroad in Austria? Experience the life of an Austrian teenager a by spending a semester or academic year living with a caring host family and attending a local high school. You’ll gain German language fluency and you will make friends that will last a lifetime! Studying abroad in high school is a great way to stand out on your college and university applications as well. You’ll come back from your exchange more mature, fluent, and ready to take on the world. Apply now!
High School Program Details
- Placement in an Austrian high school for a semester or academic year
- Placement with a carefully-selected host family
- At least one year of previous German study strongly preferred
- Local coordinator supervision and 24-hour emergency support throughout the year
- Comprehensive health and accident insurance included
- Round-trip airfare included
- Application Deadline: April 1 (fall semester and year-long), October 15 (spring semester)
Austria at a Glance
- A skier’s paradise, the Alps add magnificent drama to Austria’s stunning landscape. Additionally, more than 50% of the country is forestland.
- Austria has a rich tradition in all arts. It’s the birthplace of Mozart and many other notable composers, and Vienna is even known as the “City of Music.”
- Punctuality is very important to Austrians, who are known for being formal. Austrians enjoy a high quality of life and an excellent public education system.
- Austrian food is influenced by German, Hungarian, Czech, and Italian cuisines. Austria is famous for its wiener schnitzel, a breaded veal dish, as well as viennoiserie, delicate pastries and cakes.
- German is the official language, but Austria has a very distinct culture from Germany and is proud of their differences.
- Learn more by visiting our Austria Country Profile!
- Read more great reviews, comments, and testimonials from former Aspect Foundation students and parents here!
2019-20 program prices
Price includes transfer to your host community. Visa, residence permit, and passport costs are not included. Please note you may be required to appear in person at the Austrian Consulate with jurisdiction over your state to obtain your visa. Depending on where you live, this may require out-of-state travel.